Cook time: 10 min | Prep Time: 5 min | Serving: 2 Tacos
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, such as egg beaters
- Top tortillas with salsa and cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese is melted about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat, add egg substitute and cook, stirring, until the eggs are cooked through about 90 seconds. Divide the scrambled egg between the tacos.
Cook time: 20min | Prep Time: 10 min | Serving: 1 slice
- 1 pound (454g) prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-meal
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 141 g arugula, any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position over rack in the lowest position; preheat to 232 Degree Celsius. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
The arugula adds a slightly bitter, peppery taste- for a milder flavour, use spinach instead.
Cook time: 20 | Prep Time: 5 min | Serving: 2
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion mix, thawed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 15 ounce can vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or marjoram
- 6 to 9 ounce package fresh or frozen cheese ravioli, preferably whole-meat
- 2 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper-onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, water and basil; bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions.
- Add zucchini; return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
Tortellini can be used instead of ravioli as well.
A.k.a Ravioli (Malay), Húntún (Chinese), Ravioli (Tamil)