Cook time: 20 | Prep Time: 5 min | Serving: 2
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion mix, thawed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 15 ounce can vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or marjoram
- 6 to 9 ounce package fresh or frozen cheese ravioli, preferably whole-meat
- 2 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper-onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, water and basil; bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions.
- Add zucchini; return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
Tortellini can be used instead of ravioli as well.
A.k.a Ravioli (Malay), Húntún (Chinese), Ravioli (Tamil)