Cook time: 20min | Prep Time: 10 min | Serving: 1 slice
- 1 pound (454g) prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-meal
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 141 g arugula, any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position over rack in the lowest position; preheat to 232 Degree Celsius. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
The arugula adds a slightly bitter, peppery taste- for a milder flavour, use spinach instead.